Trying to keep my mind off things as I wait for my next appointment so I thought I’d start participating in the MilSpouse Friday Fill-in brought to you by WifeOfASailor. If you’re a MilSpouse, head over to her site and grab the questions and link your post.
1. A different twist on last week’s question. This week, the first question is: what’s the nicest thing a MILSPOUSE has ever done for you? (brought to you from navy_smurfette)
So many of my milspouse friends (and other friends in general) have offered a lot of support while I was trying to deal with my first miscarriage. Without their support, kind words and prayers, I don’t think I would have been able to put things in perspective and cope with what happened.
2. How often do you drive faster than the speed limit?
Well I can’t really get away it here because cops are all over the place in Fayetteville and on Fort Bragg. I do tend to speed a little bit when we’re driving home to PA though.
3. Did you have a nickname in school? If so, what was it?
No nicknames here. The family I used to nanny for tried to shorten my name and call me Laur. That didn’t last for long.
4. If your life was a book, what would the title be and how would it end?
Thankfully my life is not over and hopefully won’t be over for many, many years but I hope it would end with me being happy with how I lived my life. I also hope it would say that I ended up having children and grandchildren. Right now, I think my book would be called “The Long Journey”.
5. Look back (in your planner if you have one) to September 14th… what did you do that day?
I believe this was the day after we closed on our house. We had just moved across the country from Arizona and received our household goods. We spent the day checking off box numbers from the packing list, unpacking, sorting and tossing empty boxes into the garage. I also took the dogs to get groomed because they were way to furry and it was a good excuse to get them out of the house (and out of the way of the movers) for a few hours. I can’t believe we’ve almost been in this house for 2 months now.