The snow couldn’t stop me today! I was getting into the RE’s office this morning even if I had to wait all day. Well I didn’t wait all day, but I did have to wait almost 2 hours because of all the rescheduling due to the snow. I had an ultrasound done to check the follicles and it seems that I won’t be ovulating until later on in the cycle. This is definitely not unusual since I don’t normally ovulate until cycle day 19. I’m supposed to go back in for another ultrasound on Tuesday to see where we’re at. If ovulation is predicted to happen next weekend, then I may drive out to see Evan if he has the weekend off. If not, then we’re completely out for this cycle.
We started talking about next cycle and I committed to IUI. Since I’ve been on C.lomid 6 times, we’re moving onto the next step. I’m going to have to start giving myself injections starting on cycle day 3. I’m totally needlephobic (not a word, but let’s pretend it is), so I’m very nervous about the injections. I practiced in the office today and they don’t seem hard to do, but I’m afraid that I’ll mess up. I guess once I do it for the first time, it won’t be so bad afterwards.
I got the name of the woman I need to contact at the cryobank so we can get moving on Evan’s part when he gets back from training. I’m hoping that we won’t need to take this step but it’ll be good to be prepared.