2011 didn’t really turn out the way that I expected it to. While there were definitely some highlights, the bad seemed to overshadow the good.
- E has been deployed for almost a year.
- We suffered through 1 failed F.emara cycle, 4 failed IUI’s, and one cancelled cycle because of overstimulation.
- I found out that I have issues with my luteal phase and progesterone levels, which may or may not have contributed to miscarriage #2.
- I had 3 ovarian cysts rupture at once, which was probably the worst pain I’ve ever experienced in my whole life.
- I had to put myself on the IVF wait list (I guess this is good/bad).
- E and I got to spend 2 wonderful weeks together while he was home for R&R.
- I finished 16 college classes and maintained my 4.0 GPA.
- I met some fabulous new girlfriends here in NC.
- My niece, baby A, was born.
- My saline sonogram came back all clear. Hopefully my HSG comes back clear also.
Goals for 2012:
- Get pregnant and stay pregnant (I know this is pretty much out of my control, but it would be beyond wonderful if this goal is achieved).
- Continue to eat healthy and exercise regularly. I’m looking forward to E coming home so I can start cooking again on a regular basis. It’s so hard to cook for one!
- Be the best student teacher that I can be. I’m looking forward to actually teaching full time for 12 weeks.
- Graduate with a 4.0! Graduation day is coming up soon – June 15, 2012.
- Get a teaching job and start researching how to obtain my reading specialist degree and/or ESL certification.
- Throw E a surprise 30th birthday party.
- Find a new hobby – I was thinking about maybe taking guitar lessons (since I actually have an acoustic guitar) or taking a class to learn how to use P.hotoshop correctly at the local community college.
- Volunteer – at least a few hours a week.
- Take a trip with E to someplace we’ve never been to before. This may include a trip to Florida to see the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. I would also love to take a long weekend trip out to Asheville.
- Walk the dogs more often. Right now the dogs get one walk a day. I’m hoping to bump it up to two walks a day. This will be good for all of us.
- Replace the carpets in our guest bedrooms with hardwood flooring. Maybe our tax return will be enough to complete this goal!
Thanks to my readers for following me throughout the year. I appreciate all of the support you have given me! I hope 2012 is a great year for all of us!