I was a slacker last week and didn’t complete anything from Pinterest, but this week I’m back with a great new recipe: Broccoli and Cheese Mini Egg Omelets from Skinnytaste. If you haven’t checked out this website before, head over there now. What are you waiting for?
I came across this site about 2 months ago when I found the recipe for my whole wheat blueberry muffins.
Every recipe I’ve tried so far was delicious and full of healthy ingredients. Also, Gina (the author of the site) lists all the nutrition facts for each recipe, which is helpful since I keep a daily food journal. Anyways, enough about my undying love for this website, and onto the recipe.
4 cups broccoli florets
4 whole eggs (I prefer to use brown organic eggs)
1 cup white eggs (I use liquid egg whites as opposed to separating)
1/4 cup reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 cup grated parm or romano cheese
1 tbsp olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. Steam the broccoli florets with a small amount
of water in the microwave for 7 minutes on high.
3. After the broccoli is steamed and cooled a bit,
mash in a bowl with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
4. Spray cupcake tin and evenly distribute broccoli
mixture into 9 wells.
5. In another bowl, combine whole eggs, egg whites,
parm or romano cheese,salt, and pepper.
6. Pour egg mixture over top of the broccoli mixture,
filling the wells up about 3/4 of the way.
7. Top egg and broccoli mixture with cheddar.
8. Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes.
9. Serve warm and if there are any leftovers,
wrap or store tightly in the fridge.